Freetown, February 26th 2014: We, leaders of specific youth groups operating within Sierra Leone hip hop music industry, gather today to issue out this press statement in which we want the world to know that we:
1. Are appreciative of the efforts of our President, His Excellency Dr. Ernest Bai Koroma, in rebranding Sierra Leone and making it an attractive destination for foreign direct investment into Africa.
2. Are further appreciative of love and care our President has been consistently showing over welfare of Sierra Leone youths to the extent of appointing a capable Presidential Youth Aide.
3. Wish to assure H.E. the President and people of Sierra Leone that the least that we, as youths, can do in return of the ongoing admirable show of leadership of the President, is to respect and uphold the peace in the land. Sustainable peace will enable development and prosperity agenda.
4. Have seen mails sent to the manager of Jamaican musician, BUSY SIGNAL which allege unfortunate threats and which have been widely circulated on social media Whatsapp and Facebook.
5. Wish to denounce in its entirety, the threats from these anonymous writers claiming membership of the RED FLAG MOVEMENT (R.F.M.) supposedly in support of our Sierra Leone artist, LAJ.
6. In particular, on behalf of the entire R.F.M. and LAJ the musician, the Manager, Mr. Asheim Sesay and the entire management team are distancing themselves from the illegal threats.
7. Furthermore, the President Alusine Kamara, Secretary-General Gerrard Jalloh and the entire executive and members of the R.F.M. Fan Clubs are distancing themselves from the illegal threats.
8. Have held an international phone call with Mr. KAO DENERO during which we have assured him that all the youths of Sierra Leone are looking forward to welcoming both KAO DENERO and BUSY SIGNAL to Sierra Leone.
9. Members of the RFM and LAJ Fan Clubs, in light of our strong denials of knowledge about these internet threats, hereby assure that if invited by KAO DENERO to join him, are willing to collaborate with KAO DENERO and the BLACK LEO record label to ensure visit of BUSY SIGNAL turns out to be one of the most peaceful and prosperous visits of a musician in entire History of Sierra Leone.
10. KAO DENERO has, during the phone call, warmly welcomed the offer of R.F.M. to collaborate with him to ensure the visit of BUSY SIGNAL turns out most successfully.
Alusine Kamara (aka Ozil Jalloh)
President, R.F.M/LAJ Fan Clubs
Sec-Gen, R.F.M/LAJ Fan Clubs
Phylip Tholley (aka GUNSHOT)
Chairman, Youth Awareness for Peace & Development
Sec-Gen, Youth Awareness for Peace & Development
Ibrahim Kamara (aka SHINE)
Vice Chairman, Youth Awareness for Peace & Development
Alhaji Kamara (aka BODY&SOUL;)
PRO-I, Youth Awareness for Peace & Development
Mohamed Koroma (aka TIMBERLAND)
PRO-II, Youth Awareness for Peace & Development
Sulaiman Gomez (BEENIEMAN)
Chief Whip, Youth Awareness for Peace & Development
ALL SIGNATURES ABOVE DONE IN THE PRESENCE OF:
Bai Mahmoud Bangura
Presidential Youth Aide at State House