Aims and Objectives
The aims of the project are:
- To provide practical training and guidance to all the schools in Sierra Leone on attitudinal change;
- To create a link or relationship between attitudinal change and civic responsibilities.
- To design a behavior-change program, develop educational materials, and tools for encouraging environmental and social awareness amongst young people.
The project's objectives will include the following:
widening the understanding and acceptance of the concept of attitudinal change in the country.
creating an opportunity for a better awareness of good citizenship and how that impacts on development.
equipping young people for a better future by inculcating in them principles of good and active citizenship.
The Project will be delivered in partnership with the Committee on Attitudinal Change, local and International NGO's. The Project will set up a Secretariat for administration and identify staff and resources necessary for its operations. The office of the First Lady will have supervisory oversight for the project.
The main activity of the project will be training and information dissemination. This will be done by a combination of the following:
- Training – organize workshops, seminars and retreat for teachers and students;
- Radio Broadcast – weekly broadcasts across the country by a roving panel of experts;
- Television programming – discussions from experts on the above project;
- Speeches and public pronouncements
- Leaflets, posters and fliers, magazines, comics etc
- Resource packs for the children – i.e. 'Love Mama Sierra Leone' , There is dignity in Labor', 'Love one another',' Be a patriotic citizen'...
- Competition among Schools, i.e. a committee will be set up to monitor the schools that adhere to this project.
- Website and electronic information media